Database Object Editor
The Database object, or metadata, editor is available for multiple database objects such as tables, views and schemas. To open the metadata editor for an object, in the Database Navigator or in the Projects view:
- Double-click the database object
- Click the database object and press Enter or F4
The editor has three tabs:
- Properties tab appears for all objects, contains properties of the database object and its sub-entities, see further in this article
- Data tab appears for tables and views and represents the Data Editor
- ER Diagram tab appears for tables and schemas and displays ERD (Entity Relation Diagrams), see ER Diagrams and Database Structure Diagrams
The tabs have the following common parts:
The object`s path shows the chain of all its parent entities. The entities are clickable: clicking an entity in the path, depending on its nature, either shows its children or opens an editor or a settings window.
The toolbar contains different tools on each of the three tabs.
An asterisk appears in the title of an editor if it contains unsaved changes:
The Database Object editor supports the Ctrl+Z (undo) function.