You can install a lot of optional extensions (plugins) in DBeaver.
Most of extensions can be found on Eclipse Marketplace website.
Popular extensions for DBeaver
- Darkest Dark theme - the best Dark theme for DBeaver
- Eclipse Color Theme - use it if you don't like Darkest Dark theme by some reason
- Git support - Git version control integration
- Subversion support - Subversion integration
- Embedded Shell - Allows to run shell commands directly from DBeaver
- Editor vertical indents - Adds vertical indents to all text editors
- Office formats support (XLSX)
- Vector graphics support (SVG)
- SSHJ and advanced cryptography
- SQL debugger
In DBeaver EE you can use drag-n-drop from Marketplace web site (see button
Install) into DBeaver main window. This will launch Marketplace installation wizard automatically.
In DBeaver Community or other DBeaver-based products which do not include marketplace clients you can use following instructions:
Extension installation in CE version:
- Copy URL of extension update site:
- In DBeaver main menu open
Help -> Install New Software
- Paste update site URL into
Work withfield and press Enter
- Check items you wish to install (in most cases just all items)
- Click Next. You may need to accept extension license before installation
- Some extensions may contain unsigned bundles. Install such extensions only if you really trust author.
- Click Next->Finish. Installation will take some time. Restart DBeaver.