When you open the Properties tab of the Database Object Editor, you'll encounter the following interface elements:
- Database object's properties: displays the properties of the current database object.
- Tabbed editors: These vary depending on your database. Depending on the database you're working with, you'll see different tabs reflecting that particular database's unique characteristics and requirements.
- Sub-entities properties: These contain the properties of the object's sub-entities. To access these properties, click the tabs in the Tabbed Editors.
- The Toolbar provides tools for managing these sub-entities.
The toolbar at the bottom of the editor provides the following tools for the majority of sub-entities, except for some specific ones like SQL-based views (DDL and Source):
|Displays a search field next to the button:
- Type in the search combination - the content updates dynamically
- To remove the filter, click the cross icon next to the search field.
|Opens the Filtering window, which allows setting a custom filter, see Configure Filters.
|Opens the Configure columns dialog box to select the columns to display or hide in the current view.
|Refresh the selected items
|Depending on the database type, refreshes either the current item or its parent or the whole database object – reloading data from the database.
|Opens an editor/viewer for the item currently in focus.
|Create new [items]
|Creates a new item of the same type as currently displayed in the open view, for example, a column.
|Delete database object
|Deletes the item currently in focus.
|Save the current contents
|- Same as the Save button on the main application toolbar
- Same as Ctrl+S(or ⌘S for MacOS)
Opens the Persist Changes window that allows saving changes in the currently open sub-entity.
|Revert to the last saved state
|Reverts all changes made to the database object to the previous saved state.
The Properties of the sub-entities have context menus that offer the same commands as the Database Navigator. To access these menus, right-click on the item.