Admin Preference Restrictions
Table of contents
This guide outlines the steps for enhancing security and control in DBeaver by restricting specific functionalities.
For Windows, Mac, and Linux, restrictions in the
dbeaver.ini file can be implemented, while Windows users can also leverage the Registry for additional control.
Setting up restricted functionalities
Follow the appropriate steps based on your operating system and preference.
Modifying the configuration file
- Navigate to the directory containing the
- Use a text editor to open the configuration file.
- Add settings from the table below based on desired restrictions.
- Save the edited file.
- Restart DBeaver to apply changes.
System control variables
|Name||Type||Default value||Allowed values||Description|
|Boolean||Restricts ability to export data from databases.|
|Boolean||Blocks ability to install new software and access the Eclipse marketplace.|
|Boolean||Prevents ability to check for DBeaver updates.|
Using Windows Registry
- Open the Registry Editor by typing
regeditin the Run dialog (Win + R).
- Navigate to the following path in the Registry:
- Create a new value for each setting, from the table below based on desired restrictions.
- Exit the Registry Editor and restart DBeaver to apply the changes.
Important: Editing the Windows Registry can significantly affect your system. Always make sure to back up the registry before making any changes. For more information on how to work with the Windows Registry, refer to the Microsoft Documentation on Registry Editing.